Confirmation & High School
At Mountainside we say that parenting is both a shared vocation and a spiritual discipline. Our hope is to carry this value through the adolescent years. We seek to move toward and engage preteens and teenagers where they are as they journey through adolescence, keeping them connected with their families and with the church body even as we help them explore faith in age-appropriate contexts.
Our preteen/middle school ministry is called “Confirmation,” and we follow a monthly rhythm that includes:
- Two Sundays each month in age-level ministry during part of worship. In this time we engage God through scripture and prayer practices.
- One Sunday each month serving in some way, either working with younger kids or serving beyond the church building and body.
- One Sunday each month participating in the full worship service alongside the congregation, learning to engage practices of worship as well as being a visible sign of God’s work through young people in our midst.
- Outside of Sunday mornings during this summer, Confirmation age students are meeting in-person twice a month for connection and formation.
- Additionally, students meet with a 1-1 mentor on a regular basis to talk about the intersections of life and faith.
Upon reaching high school, our teens are fully engaged in Sunday worship with the adult congregation.
- Outside of Sunday mornings during this summer, High School age students are meeting in-person twice a month for connection and formation.
- Additionally, students continue to meet with a 1-1 mentor through high school to talk about the intersections of life and faith.
|Youth: Confirmation & High School
The youth team has a great summer plan for both groups – Confirmation (5th-8th grades) and High School – for fun and connecting every other Sunday from 6-8 PM! Dates scheduled are June 27, July 11, July 25 (all day beach day!), August 8, and August 22. Locations vary, so check the website calendar
|All Youth Beach Day: July 25
Save the date for this all youth all day beach extravaganza. Watch the Teen Tiding or check the website calendar for details!
Contact Tricia at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
All are welcome!